Saturday 21 April 2012

Barradale

Believe it or not, I found somewhere on Islay that I'd never been to before! Malcolm had recommended this walk in Barradale some time ago, so, with the sun shining and cumulus clouds providing near optimal photo opportunities, I set off from Cattadale and walked round to Loch Bharradail. This really was a lovely walk. The highlights were about half a dozen pairing Green Hairstreak butterflies and these two beetles which I got quite excited about - especially the bigger one. Hopefully we'll get them identified soon.
Becky

Beetle (1)

Beetle (2)

Green Hairstreak

4 comments:

  1. Is the larger one another Ground Beetle, this time Carabus clatratus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter. I think we've recorded this on Islay before. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Carabus granulatus a possibility? - Carl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carl, I think you are right - C.granulatus.

    ReplyDelete