Monday 2 September 2013

Old diary entry

Here at the visitor centre, we possess a few lovely old diaries, full of people's observations and comments about their Islay holidays. Glancing through them, I found this entry dated September 3rd-8th 1990 which is relevant to today's date, so thought I would share this extract:

'Arrived on another glorious Islay day. Islay will always have a special place in my heart. Its beauty especially when the sun shines never ceases to amaze me. Fourteen years I have been coming to Islay and I intend visiting for another fourteen years and more!
         It has been quite a wet week on Islay but the quiet peaceful way of life is so relaxing that the weather never really matters. It is so good to drive about at your own speed without the hustle and bustle of the city traffic. The beaches are still as beautiful. '

There are also numerous lists of flora and fauna encountered, which I will perhaps share another time.

Lorna


No comments:

Post a Comment